Sunday, April 23, 2023

Tacoma quilters have been quilting!



 Meliss is hamming it up for the photographer who told her to "smile"!



Meliss has been busy sewing from scraps she bought at our silent auction. A green quilt she is giving to the Litchfield fair to raffle off for 4H. 


Meliss used orphan blocks to make this pretty quilt.


 


Meliss showed this kawandi quilt and explained the origins of this fascinating technique. 





Kat had never tried applique before so she joined an online "Gnome of the Month" group from Ivonne Darla Beegle. You can take a look at jellyrollclub.com. She's got the four seasons covered with these cuties. 



I (Beth) won a jelly roll in one of our raffles. I made it into this charity quilt and hope some little child will love it.



Sherry made nine patches! Sherry says there are 4608 1 1/2 inch squares. Wow! I will take her word for it. 


Another scrappy quilt from Sherry. "Penny's Posies" from Geoff's Mom's Pattern Company. 1930s fabrics, of course. 


We all admired this beautiful quilt Donna made. It is called "Enduring Love" by Carol Hopkins. We will see it again at Maine Quilts, I hope!


Donna and I often work on the same projects. We both made Enduring Love and I started "Joy in the Morning" a block of the month from Attic Heirlooms. Cotton and wool applique and patchwork. So many interesting details to look at in this amazing quilt. I really need to dig out my UFO. Congratulations, Donna, I'd give you a gold star if I could. 


Leann made a quilt of her own design but was inspired by Jen Kingwell's foundation papers including Double Date and Its Sew Emma foundation papers. Maybe Leann will have this beauty at the Maine Quilt show where Jen Kingwell can see it. 


Sharon made this Amish Bars quilt from Blue Meadow Designs. Her son will enter it in a silent auction for teachers. I am sure the quilt will have many bidders. 



A fun cat quilt from Brenda. Cats cats cats! Brenda's own design. I think she should write up the pattern, don't you? A real winner!




No comments: